Promotion Valid From:
Sunday, September 25th, 2016
Friday, September 30th, 2016
AFTER: The Anthology
by Shane M Brown
For anyone who hasn’t yet discovered Shane M Brown’s writing, this is an excellent place to begin. This eBook contains both an anthology of eight short stories and then sample chapters from his novels, MELT, PLAZA and FAST.
One reviewer has generously described the stories as follows (paraphrased by author):
1) LUCY LUCY – An interesting world in which female clones (“Lucys”) have replaced women who have apparently been killed off or made infertile by a virus.
2) LATE RETURNS – A very odd world in which access to books and reading itself is heavily regulated by the government, creating a new type of addiction in the process.
3) CATCHPHRASE – Imagine a world in which a government agency regulates product advertising down to the word with the power to shut down a product line or business at its whim.
4) IN STORE – A futuristic look at eco-radicals.
5) GARDEN LIGHT – A science fiction story of a man who picks up projected images broadcast to his home from a nearby building.
6) THE FUTURE GUN – A different type of alien story in which the initial contact changes the main character’s life forever. But perhaps there’s a purpose for his suffering?
7) LIVE – Reminiscent of The Running Man or The Hunger Games. Why are people running for their lives? How were they chosen? Is there a way out alive?
8) THE EARTH EQUATION – A futuristic murder mystery/love story in which people can survive for a few months at a time only by remaining in suspended animation for the rest of the year.
Special note: AFTER has an active table of contents, is approximately 80,000 words (including sample chapters from Shane M Brown’s novels FAST, PLAZA and MELT), and displays seamlessly with Kindles and all other eBook reading devices. Combined, these stories have appeared in professional print publications, been nominated for national literary awards, been purchased for feature film adaptation, and appeared in national newspaper circulations.
About the Author: Father of three, SHANE M BROWN was born in 1974 and writes from Brisbane, Australia. He attended James Cook University from 1991 to 1998, graduating with a Bachelor of Biological Science with majors in Zoology and Archaeology, a First Class Honors Degree in Underwater Archaeology and a Masters Degree in Environmental Management. His three novels are titled FAST, PLAZA and MELT.
Recommended For You
Have a look at what other FreeBooks.com readers have checked out - You might find another amazing Free eBook to download!